Welcome to JI!
Working to reduce the cost and increase the utility of software for small municipalities (and the wider public sector) by developing open source and free alternatives and delivering it through the cloud. We’re helping level the playing field for small municipalities and first nations compared to their larger counterparts. The cloud gives us the ability to share expertise and resources at a fraction of the cost of current alternatives. Grass roots innovation for municipalities brought to you by a financial officer of a small municipality.
Value Proposition – Pay for service, not for software
- Potential savings of up to $35,000 in annual software license fees for Asset Management, GIS, Web Mapping & BI software including
- GIS Software EULA ~$10k to $20k
- Asset Management Software ~$10k+
- Web mapping software ~$10k
- Savings in setup & consulting ~ $30K to $50K
- Annual savings in staffing an Asset/GIS Manager for small municipalities ~ $45K to $90K (.5FTE to 1 FTE)
- Funding for community groups: After the first year, we donate a quarter of our revenue back to the municipality for council to sponsor local community groups.
Our service will empower you to
- Easily meet grant funding requirements
- Effortlessly gather capital asset stats for reports & surveys including the new LGDE requirements, Stat Canada surveys etc.
- Manage assets proactively with minimal effort.
- Visualize and map assets and parcels on GIS
- Analyse and report on BI with full ability to customize
- Capture data in the field
- Share unlimited maps with the public at no additional cost
- Manage multimedia, docs & spreadsheets tied to assets
- Create interactive BI reports for council & the public
- And much more…