- Village of Ashcroft Map with utilities and parcels
- Map with parcels & draw tool
- Tourism Map with interactive photos of Mosaics & Trails
- Evacuation route map & 3D Visualization (UBCM sponsored project to identify and plan evacuation routes)
- R based analytics
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (BI)
- Council App for Financial & Asset Management Reports
- ‘Live’ Asset Management Plan– reports and graphs linked to underlying database with interactive BI
- Public Financial Reports (In development)
Ability to utilize powerful features of Qgis with a seamlessly integrated dataset
Full featured web application to view and update inventory on the cell phone, web or other devices.
I have often observed vendors overwhelm municipal employees with information, data and graphs in order to sell their software. Although software has its place in helping you organize your assets, I would strongly advise against immediately purchasing software. Focus initially on your governance, draft your policy and strategy. Organize your data in the attached excel spreadsheet. Once you outgrow excel, use the free service by JI to import your excel data into a robust asset repository. The standards based, free service provided by JI is more than adequate for most municipalities wishing to implement a sophisticated and complete asset management system (look at the solutions page for details).
The attached spreadsheet will help you get started. It has two tabs organizing the asset registry, the first lists the assets and the second the components tied to those assets. The components tab is where the financial data from PSAB is listed. Along with the policy and planning documents, it will get you going and allow you to check off a number of requirements.